This is the Abstract/Paper Submission & Registration site for the 6th International Seminar on ORC Power Systems, 11 - 13 October 2021, Munich, Germany.
For the online conference you can login at the platform Socio – using the following link: https://app.socio.events/MTA2Njg%3D/overview
Please log in with the e-mail address you used for your registration and create your personalized password. For the best experience, we strongly recommend to access the conference platform using the Chrome browser. This way, we have not experienced any issues with microphones or cameras compared to other browsers, such as Firefox. We created a short getting-started manual for the conference platform, which can be accessed via the ORC2021 conference website: https://www.orc2021.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/10/ORC2021_Manual.pdf
The conference program can be found at: https://www.orc2021.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/10/Program.pdf
You can easily navigate in the document by clicking on the different items in the outline on page one or by hitting ctrl+F and searching for content you are interested in (e.g. your name, paper/poster ID, company name). Please note, all times refer to the Central European Summer Time (CEST).
If you have further questions, please feel free to contact us.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR ORAL AND POSTER PRESENTATIONS
- We recommend pdf- or ppt-format as this is the most common and should work seamlessly with our platform Socio. Socio is using zoom. Therefore, any other format suitable for screen sharing is fine as well.
- Technical equipment: We recommend switching on your camera (either internal or external) and the use of a high-quality external microphone or headset to assure good quality of your presentation.
- In any case we are providing test-sessions on Monday 4th and Tuesday 5th of October. We highly recommend making use of this option, if you haven’t used zoom earlier. In case of technical issues, our staff can support you to find appropriate solutions. More information on the test session will be provided within the next weeks.
- The duration of your presentation is 15 min + 5 min of Q&A.
- In case you agree to record your presentation, your video will be available for approximately two weeks after the conference closure for registered participants in order to maximize the outreach for the presenters and to allow the participants from the parallel sessions to see your contribution after conference closure. In case you do not want to have your presentation recorded and displayed after the conference closure, please inform the technical staff of your session prior to the start of your session.
- We would be happy if we can make your presentation in pdf format also available on our website. In case you want to make use of this option, please provide us your clean presentation after the conference.
- We are using town for the poster presentations.
- Please prepare your poster in A0 format and as pdf.
- A 3-5 min screencast explaining your poster is mandatory for being eligible for the Prof. Gianfranco Angelino best poster award.
- We will provide you an upload link in due time prior to the conference. Please have your poster and screencast ready before 1st of October.
- We are providing test-sessions on Monday 4th and Tuesday 5th of October to make a test for poster presentations. We highly recommend to make use of this option, if you haven’t used gather.town earlier. More information on the test session will be provided within the next weeks.
- The poster session will be available for approximately two weeks after the conference closure in order to maximize the outreach for the presenters. In case you do not want to have your poster displayed beyond the conference closure, please inform us directly after the conference.